Effective Study Skills For High School Students: 5 Strategies That You
Aug 21, 2011 Study Skills 2050 Views
Are you still searching for them? The active study techniques for high school? Well, then you're not alone. I know that because I was a high school student once. And I know how hard it is to get good results at subjects we don't like.
Although I graduated years ago, that question is still in my mind. And after a long time of researching both online and offline for the secrets of better studying, I've found many interesting things. And I want to share them with you today.
- The first lesson I learned earlier when I was a high school boy is the lesson of mutual help. If you're good at some subjects like maths and bad at other ones like literature. Whereas your friend is very good at literature but not so competent at numbers. Why don't you two set up an alliance? It will improve your friendship and your ability of learning significantly!
- Another similar and great way of the first one is to study with group. You have a group of close friends? And you have some top-learners in your group? Then it would be a great idea to study together! But be aware with this idea. You're gathering to learn not to chat about games or hot girls (boys).
- Do you know one of the best ideas to learn effectively? It's to learn it while you're still in class. Don't be an unproductive learner. Ask questions to yourself and to your teacher whenever you see something unclear. The more you take part in the lesson, the easier you will remember it afterward. Always try to carry a small notebook to take note. Because there will be unanswered questions on your way. Write them down and answer them as soon as possible.
- As I see one of the biggest troubles with many high school learners is the way they spend their time. Countless hours wasted on TV and games and other unproductive activities. I don't say they're bad, but you have to realize WHEN is the right time to spend on them. Create a daily schedule and stick with it. Try to stay away from your PC or TV while you're doing your homework. Come back to them later.
- And here is another great strategy for you. It's to utilize the world's biggest library - the Internet! Yes, there are many things you can find online. And the best thing about it is you don't have to go to library searching dozens of books for a small piece of information. Just Google it, and you'll see. But don't distract yourself by logging in to you Facebook account or something. Come back to them later, remember?
The above are just some of many effective study techniques for high school you can apply! But I believe that if you can make use of some of them, you will see a huge difference!