Studying Abroad Is a Good Opportunity or a Bad One?
Nov 12, 2016 Study Abroad 352 Views
Going away for higher studies is the very first occasion when the students get a chance to live far away from their guardians and native place. College life teaches a lot more than just studies, it teaches us how to be flexible in life, how to become and independent individual and also helps us in developing life skills which will be utilized all through our lives. But sometimes it's important to move out of the campus in order to get most of the life experiences.
Some students think that opting for off campus volunteer activities or work opportunities is the best possible way for them to get some real world experiences. The best way of getting tremendous knowledge and once in a life time experience is by considering studying in abroad. Going abroad for your education will offer you a unique chance to grow scholastically, professionally and personally.
Some of the benefits of studying in abroad
• While studying in aboard you will be participating in the day to day life of the local people which will give you a firsthand experience & understanding of their culture and language.
• You can master a new foreign language, since you will be surrounded with the native people, you can enhance your language knowledge, its pronunciation and fluency.
• In case your forefathers belong to the same place, you will get a chance to explore your ethnicity and ancestry.
• This will be the most adventurous trip for you; you can explore your inner unknown talents and can perform several activities which you won't be able to do at your hometown.
• You will get a chance to learn cross culture communication which will help you while working in a globalized firm.
• It will also help you in increasing your career prospects.
Some of the challenges which you might face while going abroad for higher studies are:
• You might feel a little homesick and yearn for your loved ones as this is the first scenario where you are living away from your family.
• You might not find the course worth it after joining it, therefore it's better to enquire about it beforehand
• Some country locals are very friendly whereas some are hard to make friends.
• You might find it difficult to adjust in your own culture after coming back from abroad, as you had adopted it so well.
• Studying aboard programs can be a bit expensive for common people.
Now you can decide on your own whether studying abroad is good for you or bad for you.