Learning With a Teacher vs Learning by Themselves
Jul 18, 2011 Learning Methodology 4080 Views
Learning on our own is possible if a person is persistent and determined to reach goals. But learning with teachers is loads of fun and you never know how naturally and easily the learning takes place - I personally have under gone a lot of both types of learning - but prefer learning with a teacher whenever I get an opportunity for that. This is because learning by ourselves is one of the most challenging tasks as we have to get organized ourselves, keep the self-discipline, time management, persist and keep up the dedication.
When a learning takes place with the help of a teacher, he would make the class room session interesting by display of flash cards, charts, team activity wherein learning is not only gaining of knowledge but also fun-based learning. Besides, in a classroom, there's a healthy competition within our classmates where the motivation could be higher than individual learning.
Not all can learn by themselves but with class room based learning with the help of teacher or tutor, learning is easy and relaxing. Anybody can learn with the assistance of a teacher.
Learning on our own is a lot of pain, hard work, needs lots of dedication, also need to be highly disciplined. Whereas learning with a teacher is more an easy way out.
The reasons for my preference to learning with a teacher are as follows:
- Far easier: It is far easier to learn while a teacher is supervising and teaching as someone is taking the lead to teach who is already specialized in that particular field and has come prepared in that particular subject.
- Doubts clarified on spot: All the doubts can be clarified on spot. Any doubts pertaining to the subject can be easily be clarified if the teacher is there to attend. Otherwise, we might have to refer the net or library and dig into the matter. In spite of all that efforts, there's still a chance we might not get the genuine clarifications that we may need.
- Improves social skills: Socializing with our peers boosts our morale and helps us to take more interest in the subjects. There's a healthy competition. We might be more motivated to learn as there's lot of discussions which could be done. Classroom activities are definitely an interesting and helps interact with our peers.
- Interesting and fun: There's a lot of enthusiasm that might come from a teacher plus responses of other students. Learning becomes easier, fun and interesting and frivolous.
- Stress free: Learning is stress free and relaxing whereas if we had to do it by ourselves, it is rather more stressful.
- Effective time management: Time management is effective as the teacher is planning most of the time.
- Needs less dedication and self-discipline. Learning with a help of teacher is preferable especially for those of us who are less dedicated and do not have the discipline to stick to their work.
As there are more advantages to learning with the help of a teacher than learning alone, I must emphasize that learning with the help of a teacher should be first sought. Learning by themselves should only be done only if there's no facility to go to a classroom and learn or if a person cannot afford to do so due to his or her circumstances.