14 Handy Tips to Learn English Fluently
Dec 29, 2013 English Language Learning (ELL) 2849 Views
When you decide to learn English-speaking, you must know that it is certainly going to be one of the best investments of your life. Investing in an English-speaking course online would mean that you are now ready to expand your horizons and enhance your life choices, which in turn would lead to greater opportunities on the professional as well as personal front.
You must prepare and dedicate yourself wholeheartedly in the learning process and be an active student. Let us look at fourteen great reasons as to how one should learn and improve spoken- English skills:
1. Leave behind your insecurities and do not worry about making mistakes. Always remember, you learn from your mistakes.
2. Keep your patience at the forefront, as this is not a one-day or a one-week process. Instead, enjoy and soak in all the information being passed on.
3. Make sure to learn and remember certain phrases that could be used in numerous situations as well. This way you will learn new phrases as well as understand the effective usage of the same.
4. Learn how to greet! It is one of the most basic and primary lesson that requires to be learnt. Make sure to learn not one but a few more types of greetings to help you start an English conversation.
5. Do not rush with your speech. Understand that being a beginner; it will take you some time to get accustomed to the language. Talk slowly with regular pauses and watch your grammar.
6. Do not get overconfident and try to use huge words and sentences. Wait for it! You will have your turn to speak in fluent English making use of all the extravagant sentences and words you wish to use.
7. Keep your ear out for catching pronunciation errors. There are a number of online English-speaking courses that can help you develop a hang on the pronunciation of English words.
8. Follow proficient speakers by listening to them speak repeatedly. Repetitive listening and repeating aloud will help you enhance and polish your spoken English skills and add the much-required touch of finesse.
9. Keep all your friends and family involved by asking them to point out an error made by you at all times. If they are well- spoken in the English language, ask them to support your journey by having frequent conversations with you in English. Remember, nothing is better than practical practice.
10. Read as much as possible. You must know that reading aloud and recording your speech will give you the opportunity to replay the words and point out mistakes made by you such as pronunciation, speed, clarity of speech as well as emphasis and pauses.
11. Maintain a diary and make it a point to learn at least one new word and one new sentence every day. This is not enough! Also, try to use the same word and sentence as a part of a live conversation with people. This is an effective way of practicing.
12. Indulge in watching English movies as they can help you develop a good fluency in English and assist your attempt of adapting to the pronunciation of new words.
13. Keep handy a pocket dictionary; as and when you hear a new word being spoken, look it up instantly. This will keep your mind active and gradually result in improving your English-speaking fluency.
14. On learning a new word, try to find its usage and its antonyms (opposite). By doing this, you will understand the entire sentence structure you can use this word in.
Prepare yourself and start the learning process. Developing English-speaking fluency will indeed be a turning point in your personal as well as professional life. Learn how to speak English by indulging in reading, writing and speaking only in the English language. You can also learn to speak English fluently professionally by enrolling in the English-speaking courses available online.