Track Online Learning Quality at H1N1 Period
Nov 16, 2009 E-Learning/CALL 2016 Views
H1n1 flu is sweeping across our campus, are you ready to protect your student interests under the name of a conscientious teacher?
H1N1 flu has frightened us for months. According to the statistical data from IDPH, there have been 272 people at age of 5~24 being confirmed to get hospitalized and 7 of them dead from the disease as of October 30, 2009, accounting for 37.5 percent of all patients in the country. The health and life of youth, especially including students of all ages, are now threatened.
More and more pupils are forced to leave school for isolation therapy, there're huge numbers of schools and colleges suspending classes due to the wild spread of H1N1 flu, indicating the readjustment of teachers' curriculum. In view of this situation, now many schools are attempting the online distance learning programs to give lessons to students. However, the most difficult tackle for teachers and educators is how to guarantee the quality of such online education. Have you ever think of a practical way to ensure the actual result of their study?
Thanks to the internet, now we have certain programs and tools to make it. With quiz maker software, teachers can make online test and get feedback statistics from the exam result so as to sum up the study situation of students.
Advantages of using quiz maker software as an essential educational assistant:
- The online education pattern overcomes the several difficulties caused by long distance in region, indicating that no matter wherever students are or for whatever reason they cannot attend your class. All tests can go through smooth and easy by distance learning.
- Teacher can gather plenty of information about study progress of students by online test tracking system, including the strong or weak point students have mastered or be poor at, the common issues in certain section of textbook and the extra additional knowledge they eager to know.
- Teachers can have the situation of student’s learning well in hand. It’s very helpful for them to make the next-step academic teaching plan, also they can easily find out the weakness of every one in class and help students to make progress.
- Quiz creating software provides more new types of question in online test: sequence, click map and matching questions have been introduced into E-learning quizzes. The short essay feature even allows teacher to create learning by doing course which combines textbook and test in one quiz together.
- Teacher can publish their tests in sorts of format on demand. Flash-based, SCORM or AICC compliant package, or burn it to auto-play CD/EXE for off-line distribution and backup resources.
Now the assessment tools make the distance nothing to worry about. It turns to be a comprehensive E-learning solution rather than a simple test maker. H1n1 flu might take student apart from school, but the assessment tools offer a more encouraging and creative way to share knowledge worldwide. As an aggressive teacher with desire for continuous improvement, the stuff stops you is not that horrible disease but the thought of teaching in new pattern.