Creativity and Self Education - A Winning Combination
Jun 25, 2011 Career Development 2304 Views
The days when education and a career were simple are long gone. Most people are learning multiple skills and developing very different careers and income streams from the days when one job and one career stream were the norm. The new paradigm is based on creatively tailoring your own education to meet your own goals. If you want to study English literature or become a game designer, you can just get online and do it.
The creative element- How to plan your education to meet personal goals
The flexibility and range of education opportunities is a true breakthrough in expanding human potentials. In theory, there's nothing you can't do with modern education. The trick is to take the creative initiatives required to achieve your goals, and that takes planning.
The basic concepts are simple:
• Define your goals
• Map out your needs for qualifications
• Check your educational options
• Cost your options
The options, however, may not be so simple. Many qualifications have prerequisites, and most have multiple academic streams. This is where the creative element comes into play as a problem solver, and the four main issues can be turned into straightforward choices.
• Define your goals: If you define your goals in purely academic terms, you get purely academic options. If you define your goals as personal achievements, you can track back to a range of skills and qualifications required to achieve your goals.
• Map out your needs for qualifications: The goal also helps point out the essential qualifications and can drastically simplify and clarify your choices of academic streams and course subjects.
• Check your educational options: There are several ways of approaching qualifications. Full time study isn't for everyone. If you're studying part-time, you need to figure out how to manage your time for best results.
• Cost your options: Cost is a natural worry for students, but again there are always options available. If you check out the academic curriculum and talk to the advisory staff, you can get instant information about how to manage this sensitive area and keep your budget under control from day one.
Creativity in your self education- Developing your talents
A talent is something you do extremely well, where you know you can achieve results. Therefore they're also the areas where you need to focus your education efforts, to improve your scope and range of options to use them most effectively.
For example, if you're a talented computer programmer and have an aptitude for games, you're sitting on a potential fortune in talents. The online gaming industry and video games are a multi billion dollar market. Some of the world's top game designers started in their living rooms. The logical approach is to develop your skills with gaming programming training and learning the trade. Self education can create a beautiful career which matches your talents, from scratch.
The fact is that creative self-education, developing your skills and giving your talents a chance is an infinitely superior way to achieve your dreams. Start looking at your options now, and find out how to get where you want to go. You'll never regret it. Talent, creative thinking and education really are the ultimate winning combination.