Tips for choosing teaching agencies
Apr 11, 2009 Career Development 2765 Views
How a recruitment service should benefit the teacher
A reliable and ethical recruitment agency would offer you a consultant that is totally dedicated to finding you the work that is most suitable for your personal situation. Therefore they should be able to offer you a face to face interview so that the agency can get to know you and you the agency.
There should be a wide range of teaching positions offered which could include teaching in Primary at foundation level or key stage 1 and 2 or within Secondary across various subjects from Key Stage 3 to A Level.
You should be offered up to date information regarding schools and the agency should be willing to provide you with feedback and even arrange any interviews on your behalf.
The agency should be able to place your CV online and also offline which gives schools the chance to access it when they want and as needed. You can also browse online for open positions, which provides you with easy access to help you find the most suitable positions.
How a recruitment service should benefit the school
As a school you will want peace of mind, and of course for legal reasons, need to have fully vetted teachers coming into your school. Good teaching agencies Kent would be aware of this and have already pre-vetted any teachers that have signed up with them. This would mean there would be no gap waiting for the vetting to take place and the teacher would be able to fill the position immediately.
A good recruitment agency would have teachers on their books and available wherever your school is in Kent. Teachers would be available for you to choose from whether you are in the coastal areas of Thanet or the London Boroughs of Bromley or Bexley.
Check to find out if the recruitment agency offers you your own dedicated consultant who would be there to provide information and support. The agency should also be able to send you teachers who are looking for day to day supply positions, mid-term or long-term work.
A brief summary of the benefits of using a recruitment service
• Both schools and teachers should be given their own dedicated consultant to provide support and guidance throughout;
• Agency should be able to provide feedback, up to date information and arrange interviews at no extra cost;
• Should be able to search and select suitable teachers for both short term and long term positions;
• Should have dealings with schools and teachers throughout the whole of the Kent area which should cover the whole county from the greater London boroughs of Bromley and Bexley through Dartford, Medway, Maidstone, Ashford, Thanet and the Kent coast;
• Provide face to face interviews with all teachers which allows for a more personal experience;
• Teaching agencies Kent should offer recruitment for primary and secondary teaching levels from foundation to A Level.